Thursday, September 10, 2015

Our 10 Day Celebrity Transformation - Progress and Results

This post is a diary of the Purium 10 Day Celebrity Transformation that my wife Marcy and undertook. I updated this diary on a daily basis (most days) during the Transformation so you can see how we felt as we proceeded.

Executive Summary
In case you just want the results:
Sam lost 12 lb, and 2 inches.
Marcy lost 5 lb, and 8 inches. Yeah, things work differently for women.
Sam enjoyed the shakes. Marcy not so much, but she stuck with it. Mixing with coconut water and Purium flavor drops helped, a lot.
Marcy experienced some stomach upset.
Sam expected to feel stiffness in his hands in the morning before day 10, since he stopped taking anti-inflammatory herbs for the 10 days, but did not. Likely cause was cutting out something inflammatory from the daily diet; further investigation is needed on this.
In preparing for the cleanse, Sam kicked both caffeine and nicotine habits, and doesn't plan on going back. Well, maybe some coffee now an then....
We learned that water is a perfectly good beverage. We learned that raw or sauteed veggies with spices are a perfectly good snack, and that flavor beats volume. Keep the food interesting, simple, and small.
Both Sam and Marcy plan to continue using Purium products for a 30-day maintenance plan, and then re-assess. Sam will be using the Daily Max PLC Pack and Joint-Flex. Marcy will continue with the Weight Control PLC Pack. Both 30-day plans include one Power Shake a day, and ApotheCherry at night. In addition, we'll be trying the L.O.V. Super Meal replacement shake and the Creamy Vanilla Meal Option drink mix as an additional meal replacement.
Bottom Line: We're both very happy with the results and want to see if we can continue our self improvement with Purium products.

Full Disclosure
I found Purium and their 10 Day Celebrity Transformation in a search for products that I could sell as part of my business, Rockin' Good Health, LLC. The business is first and foremost about therapeutic massage. I also want to include a variety of health and wellness products, and a good friend recommended Purium.

Any product that I offer must be one that I have used and can personally recommend. So Marcy and I undertook the Purium 10 Day Celebrity Transformation, and we intend to continue sampling and using Purium products, since we got the results we had hoped for.

If you decide to use Purium products, you can save $50 by redeeming gift card code rockingoodhealth at mypuriumgift.com.

Day -12 (Saturday 9/12/2015)
SAM: We're starting the Transformation on 9/24. There's an online support group with a lot of folks all starting together. My friend John, who introduced me to Purium, linked me into a Facebook group and I've been reading posts from other people at various points in this journey, and it's very encouraging. Still, I'm a little nervous. I like my caffeine. I like my nicotine (e-cigs; I quit the burning kind a while back). I like my candy. I like my meats. But heck, I can handle (almost) anything for 10 days, and I'm really looking forward to the results. Yesterday I only had decaf coffee, and no e-cigs, and boy, what a headache! I'm still a little headachey today, but I'm not letting this go to waste. I'll stick with decaf and stay off the e-cigs, if I can. I probably won't be checking in here again until we get closer to the start date.
MARCY: I am starting to prepare for the Transformation. Self discipline has always been a struggle for me but I know I can do this. I bought a book with some motivational quotes to keep me strong mentally. Another challenge is to prepare the house for easier discipline. I am also responsible for feeding a teenager who will not be doing the transformation this round.

Day -9 (Tuesday 9/15/2015)
SAM: Yay! The products arrived! Two 10 Day Celebrity Transformation kits, plus three different flavor drops, for some variety. By the way, my caffeine/nicotine withdrawal headache is totally gone.

Day 1 (Thursday 9/24/2015)
SAM: Marcy and I got our flex food shopping done over the last few days. We took our "before" measurements and photos, but I think we'll save them for comparison on Day 5. I started my day with my Super Amino 23 and a bowl of raspberries and strawberries, and went to the gym as usual.
It's mid-day now, I just finished my second Power Shake, and I feel great (same as usual, actually). I love having the flex foods, and I was really excited to see sauerkraut on the list. It's not vegan sauerkraut, but I think my Kosher sauerkraut is just fine! It made a good lunch. I'm not hungry, 'cause I'm eating all day long.
Now it's time for my third Power Shake today, and I've decided that I actually like the stuff. I mix it up right after I finish one, so it has a couple of hours to cool in the fridge. Something tells me Marcy doesn't feel quite the same as I do....
End of the day, and Marcy and I just shared a snack of sliced cucumber with a blend of Himalayan salt with garlic, and cayenne. Finish with the ApotheCherry, which is really, really tart. One thing's for sure; there's no shortage of flavor in this plan.

Day 2 (Friday 9/25/2015)
SAM: Holy whole foods! I weighed myself this morning and I'm down 3 lb. since yesterday morning! I'm just sticking with the plan, and going to the gym as usual. This is not hard at all. I'm really looking forward to Day 5 to compare my "before" and "during" photos.

Day 3 (Saturday 9/26/2015)
SAM: Bump, Bump, Bump, da DA da da
I woke up this mornin', da DA da da
Got on the scale, da DA da da
Said I'd lost 6 lbs, da DA da da
Still ain't had no kale - and I'm glad for that!
Pineapple and raspberries for breakfast, just awesome. My taste buds are so grateful.
MARCY: Woke up this morning and I am down two pounds.  Two pounds in two days.  I'll take it. I am having trouble with the aftertaste of the shakes.  It takes me a long time to get it down.  I love the ApotheCherry. Sam thinks it's tart, but I love finishing my day with it.


Day 4 (Sunday 9/27/2015)
SAM: Down 8 lbs. so far, feeling great. Today I'll be doing massage at a charity event, so I have to plan ahead and pack a cooler. I've been enjoying savory (cayenne spiced cucumber, garlic spiced squash), but today just feels like a fruit day.
Marcy:  I woke up today and found that I lost 3 pounds.  To get the shakes down I am using pineapple flavored coconut water with the Purium flavor drops.
The spiced cucumber slices are a nice shared snack with Sam.



Day 6 (Tuesday 9/29/2015)
SAM: After 5 full days I am (still) down 8 lbs., and lost one inch from my hips. Today I started out feeling a bit low energy, but I dragged myself to they gym anyway, with an apple and my Super Amino 23 for breakfast. About half way through my cardio I felt the energy coming back, and the rest of the day was great. I just needed to get the blood pumping again.
MARCY: So far I have lost 5 lbs, one half inch off my chest and two off my hips. I found that the chocolate raspberry flavor drops are really good and just about counter the extreme green flavor, so that's a big help.

Day 7 (Wednesday 9/30/2015)
SAM: Today down 9.3 lb! Marcy hit a bump and is back to 4.6 lb down. She's reporting some stomach upset over the last few days, kind of like the ache she gets from caffeine, but we know there's none of that in here.

Day 8 (Thursday 10/1/2015)
SAM: Woo Hoo! I met my personal goal of losing 10 lbs! It wasn't my goal for this transformation, but I've been wanting to lose those 10 lbs for a while now, and I'm really exited to have done it. I guess I can quit this thing now.... just kidding. I'm gonna see how much more I can lose in the last two days, so I can make room for BACON! And I'm NOT kidding about that!

Day 9 (Friday 10/2/2015)
SAM: Marcy and I are both holding steady, me at -10 lb. and Marcy at -4 lb. Frankly, we're both ready to be done with the cleanse, but it hasn't been a bad experience. Marcy tells me she felt better in the stomach yesterday and today, and that's good. I'm still full energy, except in the evening after I drink the ApotheCherry, when I get sleepy. There's one really cool thing that I noticed, though. I normally take supplements to relieve joint stiffness and aching in my hands in the morning. It's really important for a massage therapist to not have achy hands. I stopped taking the supplements when I started the transformation, and I expected my hands to ache by the end of 10 days. Well, no, they don't ache at all, and haven't the entire time. I expect that something in my normal diet must be inflammatory, and the anti-inflammatory herbs that I use are fighting that. Either I've cut out the irritant in the cleanse, or the Purium products are anti-inflammatory... not sure which. I'll be adding foods back again, and we'll see. I also plan to try out the Purium Joint-Flex in place of my usual supplements to see how that works, along with the other anti-aging products from Purium.

Day 10 (Saturday 10/3/2015)
SAM: Today I'm at -11.3 lb, Marcy at -5 lb. I'm looking forward to doing the "before" and "after" photos and measurements first thing tomorrow morning, followed by a hearty breakfast! Wise? We'll see. We've got a bunch of post-cleanse food suggestions, from Purium and from friends who've done cleanses before or are just sharing veggie recipes. For our last flex-food dinner together we shared some veggie spaghetti (sliced by Wegmans) fried in coconut oil with onions and garlic. Yum, yum.

Day 11 (Sunday 10/4/2015)
SAM: Final results are in. I lost 12 lb, and two inches removed from my hips. Marcy lost 5 lb, with a total 8 inches lost. You can see it all in the "before" and "after" shots at the top.
And now it's off to our favorite diner for breakfast! But we won't forget the lessons learned, and we will maintain our benefits with better eating and with Purium products.

1 comment:

  1. Hey, Sam and Marcy! Great diary of your transformation adventure. You have come across the experiences that many of us encounter on our cleanse journeys. I am starting my Autumn cleanse on 10/5 and am looking forward to taking a break from the refined sugar that has crept back into my life. I am in the process of collecting recipes for snacks that are sweetened naturally (dates, maple syrup, a little honey). Keep rocking your transformation and I am looking forward to hearing how it all ends and how your maintenance program is working for you. Namaste!

    ReplyDelete